Pleasure for cats, stress relief for humans...
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as Gods and they have never forgotten"
The perfect gift for your favorite feline or cat loving friends:) 8 hand-rolled pellets packed in organic homegrown Honeysuckle in an lovely silver cat container. The box is made in Paris, based on an art nouveau design, in the same factory that made Mucha's metal works.
guaranteed to make your feline purr with delight...a wonderful gift for cat fanciers and incense lovers.
This incense was lovingly created as an offering to the little feline deities with whom we live and in most cases still pay homage. It's perfume when warmed is pungent, musky and earthy with a hint of sweetness. A strong, antique kind of perfume that includes the ancient scent of Nard which is the rare and costly spikenard of biblical times. Cat tested, this incense should please your deity and will be relaxing and sleep-inducing to you, their human. The cats I offered this incense to, at first, reacted usually with rubbing and kneading and then seemed to settle down into a sort of swoon which lasted about an hour.
The ancient Egyptians brought feline admiration to a high art. They worshipped a Cat Goddess named Bastet. Particularly interesting to fragrance aficionados, Bastet is linked to perfume because she is goddess of the bas or perfume jar. Rendered phonetically her name means ‘she of the perfume jar’, as in hieroglyphs the word bas is written using a picture of a sealed travertine perfume jar. Another variant of her name was Bast which means "devourer". In this aspect, she was revered as a fierce lion goddess of protection. The protection which in ancient Egypt would also be extended to the healing and protection qualities of the fragrant unguent/oil contained in the perfume jar.
- Wildcrafted Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) root: More Cats react to Valerian root than catnip. Their reactions can include purring, kneading and drooling. Valerian mimics cats pheromones.
People find the fragrance of Valerian root deeply calming, grounding and beneficial for insomnia
- Tatarian honeysuckle (Lonicera tatarica): Cats enjoy the scent of this wood so much that they will hold it in their paws, rub the Honeysuckle on their face, and drool. Studies show that 90% of cats react with extreme pleasure to honeysuckle.
- Permaculture Catnip (Nepeta cataria) Leaves: Only 70 to 80% of cats are effected by catnip and then not until they reach sexual maturity since the smell of catnip mimics a feline sexual pheromone. When cats smell catnip they can exhibit several behaviors common to cats in heat. They roll around, vocalize and salivate. The response lasts for about 10 minutes after which they become temporarily immune to catnips effects for 30 minutes. catnip is considered non addictive and completely harmless to cats
People find the scent of catnip relaxes their minds and removes tension and anxiety. It is also good for people sleep
- Organic Nard (Nardostachys jatamansi) essential oil infused in organic honey. Nard is in the same plant family as Valerian and has the same effect on cats. The Fragrance of nard was used in Egypt by priests and kings, as an anointing oil and to induce meditation.
For people, the fragrance of Nard has been found to stimulate the immune system and relax the body and mind
- Cuttlefish Bone: The fish bones have been used for thousands of years in incense for holding the scent and ameliorating the burn. They are of course, a well known cat attractant.
- Permaculture Sweet Grass (Hierochloe odorata): I once had a cat that loved to hang around my sweet grass plants and in honor of my beloved Ti-Gris, I have added it to the blend.
The fragrance of sweet grass is traditionally used by indigenous people as a smudge to invite positive energy into a space.
Catabis comes gift wrapped ready for giving, with full description and ingredients
This is the Mercat Abu, when the package of Be's incense arrived and he discovered the Catabis!
He rolled in the powder for hours and would not get out of the box:)