First Light, the beginning of the Sun's return. ...This a collection of the very finest incense and fragrant salts to let the light in.
First Light is the season for taking the time to cleanse and bless your home for the new year. On the wheel of the year the first part of February is called Imbolc, Candlemass, or First Light and it is customary to do your spiritual housecleaning, blessing it with sacred smoke, herbs and candlelight. There is also an old tradition of strewing protective herbs and fragrant salts in the corners and entryways of your home to bless and protect it.
We have created a collection of special blends to help you cleanse your personal space.
You will be amazed at how wonderful and renewed your house will feel!
First Light Collection contains:
- One ounce of the very finest and purist resins Mermade offers, Light Green Frankincense from our latest shipment from Oman mixed with white angelic Mastic from Chios, Greece. Heavenly aroma!
This incense can be heated on the Golden Lotus Heater, or for this purpose, we recommend using Japanese charcoal
- 2 pieces of Japanese incense Charcoal are included with a Foil Cup
- It also comes with 2 vials of very special strewing salts and herbs. They are used to absorb old negative energy, bless a room with intention and Fragrance.
One Salt vial is for the Bedroom containing Rose petals, Flower seeds, Celtic Sea Salt and floral salts created by Be-en-foret
And one for the rest of the home and living spaces.. It contains Sage, Fir needles and purifying Herbs from our garden, Celtic Sea Salt and green herbal Salts created by Be-en-foret
- Suggestions for use -
- Take sometime when you can focus, and feel at peace.
- Place a charcoal tablet in foil cup, This keeps the precious resins from being wasted
- Place the cup in a censer that can be easily carried from room to room
(like our Ceremonial Censer with the wooden handle)
- Light charcoal tablet, and wait until it has a coat of white ash
- Place some First Light Incense on the coal (half a teaspoon to start) The cup will make sure nothing is wasted.
- There should be a good amount of smoke, for the smoke brings purity and the presence will linger.
- Carrying the censer from room to room, visualize the space becoming free of old patterns and misfortune, clear of negativity. Think that all that this smoke touches will be blessed.
Your strong intention is helpful to let the smoke do its work.
- Then take the salts and place a pinch in each corner of all rooms, or at the entryways of your home.
Visualize them absorbing what is unwanted and blessing the room with your good intentions.
- The Rose topped vial is for the Bedrooms, to promote harmony, love, sensuality, and rid the room of discord and bad dreams.
- The Sun topped vial is for all other rooms and if you want can be sprinkled at doorways and thresholds to keep out any unwanted influence
- The salts were carefully and consciously made for this purpose, but again it is your focus and intention that will make it happen.
- When complete, you will notice a shift in the feel of the house. If one room needs some extra attention, Burn more First Light there and close the door, letting the smoke permeate the room. With for several hours before entering again.
- This blessing can be done at any time of year and is excellent to clear and bless a new home.
Here is a another house blessing ceremony that can be done
The beautiful art is by A. Andrew Gonzalez, to see more of his work visit